Instead of take-out, make this one-pot dish with global flavors in your own kitchen. The whole dinner in one pot makes cleanup a snap! This recipe is a great way to use up leftover deli rotisserie chicken. Decrease the cooking time on the chicken to 2 minutes.
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb), cut into bite-size pieces
– 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari sauce
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Vegetable Classics French onion soup
– 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
– 8 oz dried gluten-free rice noodles, broken
– 1 package (12 oz) fresh stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas)
– 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornstarch
– 1/4 cup cold water
– Garnish: ½ cup gluten-free dry-roasted peanuts, crushed
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the tamari sauce; sprinkle ginger and garlic powder over chicken.
2. Add soup and broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and vegetables; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender and vegetables crisp-tender.
3. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and cold water until dissolved. Add to Dutch oven; stir to combine. Heat to boiling. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons tamari sauce.
4. Spoon into shallow serving bowls; top with crushed peanuts.